* SPECIAL NOTE* A minimum of two students is required to hold class. Please try to let the instructor know if you will attend 24 hours in advance. Please call or text 414-378-3070 to learn if class will be held.
Please bring your own mat to this class
A guided Yoga experience designed to honor the needs of each individual student exactly where they are in treatment and recovery. In a safe and comfortable atmosphere, we will explore movement, breathing and meditation practices as tools to access the innate wisdom of our own bodies and make empowered choices in healing. Developed by a nurse from evidence-based research, the intention of this offering is to teach self-regulating techniques that can relieve the distressing side effects of cancer and chronic illness physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically while offering joy in daily living.
Participants of the class can expect the following:
- Confidentiality in communicating medical and all pertinent information essential for the instructor to know
- Welcoming environment that encourages community building
- Body awareness and breathing practices
- Slow, gentle movements to improve blood flow, range of motion, and flexibility in joints and muscles
- Explanation of physiological benefits of the breathing, movement and meditation
- Guided imagery and conscious use of the mind and the imagination
- Guided relaxation practices
- Meditation practices
- Reducing muscle tension and habituated tension patterns
- Promoting self healing and functional improvements
- Decreasing anxiety and depression
- Improving overall health and feelings of well being
- Reducing neuropathy and lymphedema
- Improving sleep
- Reducing sense of isolation
Who should attend?
Class is open to those in active treatment and recovery. Participants can wear loose, comfortable clothing. You are welcome to participate if:
- You can move independently
- Your needs can be addressed in a group setting
- Your surgical incisions are healed
Before Your First Session
All classes are offered on a drop-in basis with no registration necessary. Please contact instructor before your first class.
Cost: $65.00 for a package of 6 classes or $11.00 for one. Check or cash. Classes are good through end of first session ending in December. Additional packages or individual classes may be purchased.